While some courts and many businesses remain closed due to COVID-19, the attorneys of Cronkright Law are still available to answer your legal questions. Please call, email, or contact us to arrange a video consult. Thank you and together we will get through this difficult time in the United States.

Shiawassee County Child Protective Services Attorneys. Cronkright Law.

Shiawassee County Child Protective Services Attorneys

Serving Clients from Owosso, Morrice, Perry, Laingsburg and Throughout Shiawassee County

Shiawassee County, County Circuit Court

Shiawassee County Circuit Court

There is nothing more beneficial to a child that being raised by loving and caring parents. There is nothing more challenging to parental rights than being accused of child abuse or child neglect. This is why it is so intimidating when Shiawassee county Children’s Protective Services, also known as CPS, seeks to remove a child from your home. If you have been accused of harming your child or failing to protect your child, our Shiawassee County child protective services lawyers can help. We will work to ensure that your family remains intact. We defend parental rights on a daily basis.

Defending Parents in Shiawassee County Courts

All Shiawassee CPS Petitions are litigated in the Shiawassee County Circuit Court Family Division. Criminal child abuse charges or Child Abuse in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree are brought to trial in the Shiawassee County Circuit Court. Child abuse in the 4th degree is a misdemeanor and the jurisdiction for misdemeanor trials is with the Shiawassee County District Court. Any child abuse charge, any sexual abuse charge involving a minor and any neglect/abuse petition is serious and must be handled by an expert defense attorney. The consequences of these accusations can include:

  • Being banned from your child’s school and school activities
  • Being placed on the DHHS central registry for life
  • Having your parental rights permanently terminated
  • Going to jail
  • Going to prison for up to life

This is why it is vital that you obtain the best legal assistance you can; and do so immediately.

Our excellent legal team at Cronkright Law offers CPS defense for parents with difficult cases, including but not limited to:

  • CPS early intervention
  • Child abuse, whether it be physical, mental, emotional, or sexual
  • Munchausen syndrome
  • Child neglect
  • Defending parents in court
  • Pediatric fractures
  • Failure to protect
  • Termination of parental rights
  • Central registry expungements
  • Appeals
Shiawassee County CPS office in Owosso, Michigan

Shiawassee County CPS office in Owosso, Michigan

Parents often make costly mistakes when attempting to deal with CPS without help. That is why we offer free consultations, answer our phones 24/7, and encourage early intervention. If you have an active CPS investigation going on, you should be working with a CPS lawyer who defends Children’s Protective Services matters daily. You can take advantage of our decades of success defending parents by getting a free phone consultation rapidly; in most cases immediately.

Most parents would never intentionally harm a child, but CPS investigates thousands of homes in Michigan every year after receiving an entirely false or exaggerated report. Under Michigan law, you will not be told who made the report, but many times the reports are coming from people who want to harm your family. This is why any accusations need to be met swiftly and effectively.

We Proudly Serve Owosso, Morrice, Perry and Laingsburg

At Cronkright Law, we are led by a tenacious legal team with the ability to successfully advocate on your behalf. Our Shiawassee County child protective services lawyers understand that the issues concerning your family are of an extremely serious nature, which is why we won’t back down from any challenges awaiting us throughout your case. Allow us to be your trusted legal guides during this difficult time.

We would love to speak to you and get started on resolving your case. Please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling (517) 881-4643 at your earliest convenience.